Her konuşmayı tamamlamak için en iyi ifadeyi seçin - Instructions: Choose the best phrase to complete each conversation

Instructions: Choose the best phrase to complete each conversation.

1. Do you work on Saturdays?
    a. Yes, I work.
    b. Yes, I do.
    c. Yes, I am.

2. How old are you?
    a. No, I’m not.
    b. I’m 25.
    c. I’m a teacher.

3. What does she do?
    a. She’s an engineer.
    b. She lives in London.
    c. She’s single.

4. Who do you visit at weekends?
    a. My hometown.
    b. My school.
    c. My grandparents.

Do you work on Saturdays?
Answer: b. Yes, I do.

Explanation: The correct phrase to complete the conversation would be “Yes, I do.” This is because when we use the auxillary verb “do” in a question, we use it to ask about habits or routines. In this case, the speaker is asking about the person’s habit of working on Saturdays. Therefore, the correct response would be “Yes, I do work on Saturdays.”

How old are you?
Answer: b. I’m 25.

Explanation: The correct phrase to complete the conversation would be “I’m 25.” The question is asking about the person’s age, and the response should indicate the specific age. Therefore, the correct response would be “I’m 25.”

What does she do?
Answer: a. She’s an engineer.

Explanation: The correct phrase to complete the conversation would be “She’s an engineer.” The question is asking about the person’s profession or occupation, and the response should indicate what job she has. Therefore, the correct response would be “She’s an engineer.”

Who do you visit at weekends?
Answer: c. My grandparents.

Explanation: The correct phrase to complete the conversation would be “My grandparents.” The question is asking about the person’s destination or the people they visit at weekends. In this case, the correct response would be “My grandparents.”

TERİMLER:

auxiliary verb: A verb used to help form the tense, mood, or voice of another verb in a sentence. In this case, “do” is used as an auxiliary verb in the question form.